The International NAC Society, Inc.
About NAC Society
The International NAC Society, Inc. is an international not-for-profit organization incorporated in Canada by the supporters of
Natural Area Coding System to promote its non-commercial applications
for the economic and social well-being of people around the world.
Natural Area Code is a highly efficient and universal code for any location or any area in the world. It can be used as the Global
Postal Code for automatic mail sorting from world level to final household mail boxes, as the Universal Address for efficiently and language
independently specifying any destination in the world on GPS navigation systems to provide point-to-point/door-to-door navigation services
everywhere in the world, as the Universal Geographic Reference Code for accurately recording, referencing and reporting the location of
any event or discovery, as the Universal Area Code for retrieving a map and making a local search on a map application and local search
engine, as the location meta tag for indexing websites of location sensitive service providers on web search engines, as the Universal
Property Identifier for virtually retrieving the record of a property or physically finding the location of a property or a roadside object
(fire hydrant, manhole, electric wire pole, street light, parking meter, park bench, tree, etc). Natural Area Coding System is to unify
all the representations of locations and areas in the world for all people in the world to use all kinds of location related applications
no matter what languages they speak, where they live and what profession they have. Therefore, the adoption of Natural Area
Coding System will significantly improve the quality of the life of everybody in the world.
Through promoting and implementing the Universal Address System, we will give everybody in the world a unique home address with
which they can immediately enjoy various services directly delivered to their home, to solve the problems of more than half
population in the world without home addresses and access to postal/courier services, banking and insurance services, emergency
services, etc to their homes.
Our mission is to solve all the problems of addresses through the following activities:
As authorized by NAC Geographic Products Inc., the developer
and owner of Natural Area Coding System, the corporation members of the International NAC Society together with companies with
special written permission from NAC Geographic Products Inc. are responsible for carrying out all implementation projects of
non-commercial NAC applications for governments and not-for-profit organizations in the world. Non-commercial applications of
Natural Area Coding System as listed by NAC Geographic Products Inc. are:
- doing research and development in non-commercial NAC applications;
- working with NAC Geographic Products Inc. to set up standards of the NAC Technology applied in all non-commercial applications;
- promoting the NAC Technology for all non-commercial applications in the world to raise the awareness of the technology among
governments, non-profit organizations and individuals;
- providing consultation to governments and not-for-profit organizations in NAC related projects;
- providing NAC related news, events, trend analysis and tender/procurement information to its members;
- recruiting, authorizing and coordinating its corporation members to bid for and/or carry out implementation projects of
non-commercial NAC applications for governments and not-for-profit organizations.
Note, all these projects are free for all levels of governments of all countries and all non-profit organizations in the world to
implement and use without needs to sign separate licensing agreements, but a government or a non-profit organization is
required to employ corporation members of the International NAC Society or companies with special written permission from
NAC Geographic Products Inc. to carry out such projects if it outsources the projects, which has to be confirmed through an
email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the complete information of the project (project name, tender id, total implementation
time, total cost, description of the work, etc) with the information of the company to do the project (company name, company
address, company contact person's name and email and phone).
- marking the local Natural Area Code on the door/gate of each building/house as its address for postal service,
emergency service, property registration, etc in any area in the world;
- marking the local Natural Area Code on each street sign or the pavement of a street as geographic coordinates
to help travellers to efficiently navigate in the area;
- marking the local Natural Area Code as the identifier of each roadside object of a government such as a fire
hydrant, street light, electric wire pole, manhole, parking meter, parking space, gas meter, etc to unify the
database key and the exact location of the object;
- marking the local Natural Area Code as the identifier of each park property of a government such as a bench,
BBQ grill, riverside rescue kit, tree, etc for people to date, gather and use conveniently;
- enhancing government's property registration systems with Natural Area Codes as property identifiers and
location/area identifiers for searching and map retrieving;
- enhancing government's roadside objects management systems with Natural Area Codes as object identifiers and
location/area identifiers for searching and map retrieving;
- enhancing government's park properties management systems with Natural Area Codes as property identifiers
and location/area identifiers for searching and map retrieving;
- printing the home Natural Area Code on each driver license as the address or part of the address of the driver;
- enhancing emergency dispatching and responding systems with Natural Area Codes to help non-profit emergency
services (police, fire fighters and ambulance) to locate and communicate locations of emergencies reliably and efficiently.
Here is the proposed By-Law of the International NAC Society.
Copyright © 2002 - 2014, the International NAC Society, Inc. All Rights Reserved.